Monday, May 28, 2012

Sentimental Journey

Today I find myself looking back on my life and the choices I made. Although the outcome was not always the best, I think I can honestly say that I did learn something from them. There are a few things that I was able to learn from immediately and a few that, well, took a little extra time to sink in.
My biggest lesson at this time appears to be alcohol and it's place in my life, there is no place for it at all. It's a difficult decision both personally and professionally for me. Personally, I am not a regular drinker but I do enjoy spending time with friends in a bar/club setting. As I also love billiards and compete in tournaments, again, a bar/club setting. Professionally I have my own administrative services business that tailors to mainly bars and bands, again, a bar/club setting.

Despite my desire to completely remove alcohol from my life, I can not allow it to consume me as an individual or dictate the direction in which my life is heading. I guess I can temporarily view it as I do with my business, business and pleasure do not mix! This is more in terms of the dating scene and/or a romantic interest.

So it also appears that I am looking at the bigger picture here in terms of companionship and venturing outside of my comfort zone that I call home. Yes, that is what I am saying, that is what I miss and it's something that I really need to do for myself. I have to remind myself that not all men are the same, despite that my last two relationships didn't work out at all, the only common factor between them was that alcohol played a big part of it ending, in fact, it was the excessive alcohol consumption that ended these relationships.

It is possible to meet a man in a bar that is there for the entertainment factor only, although a bit on the rare side, but it is possible. Perhaps it will happen, perhaps not. At this time I have taken an initiative on my own and have joined two on-line dating sites. I have added a strict criteria, something that I would never have expected myself to do, hell, I never did it before, but I have added that they can not consume alcohol at all. I will not except an answer of rarely, occasionally or in a social setting, it has to be 'NONE'. With doing this, it is unfortunate that my choices are very limited, I guess I never realized how much alcohol consumption there truly is in this world.

********************************************

                Every relationship starts with a date                                                        My Relationship Was Falling Apart Now It's a Dream

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it should post shortly.